WWII Letters to Wilma: 16 December, 1943


WWII Letters to Wilma: 16 December, 1943: "V-MAIL 438th AAA AW BN APO 515 % Postmaster, N.Y. Dec 16, 1943 England Wilma darling – Just for variety’s sake and perhap..."

Our address is 300 Newton St. South Hadley MA 01075, but this is cute as all get out.

I got an E-mail from a lovely woman where she explained "My Dad courted my Mom during WWII while she was at Mount Holyoke College. I thought you may find interesting this page of my blog which references his ordering an orchid (of some kind) in October, for delivery on November 23, 1943, since he knew he would ship out before then. I'm guessing it was the current owner's grandfather who sold him the orchid. By the way, my Dad was born in 1912, the year your business opened. Anyway, here's the address of the reference to Carey's:"

This stuff just lights up our world!

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Flowers Wedding Valentines All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.