Through The Christmas Key Hole of a Very English Christmas



We really hope you all had a lovely Christmas.

Jason and I are feeling quite smug, we don’t know how but we have managed to see all of our families, we have an eclectic selection of brothers and sisters, halves, steps and fulls between us, not to mention the very best collection of nephews and nieces around.
I even managed to put a beautiful wreath of Hellebores, evergreens and Orchids on my Dad’s grave, which I know he would have adored.
Christmas for me is definitely about reconnecting with the ones I love very much and I’m sure it’s the same for most of you.
Flowers and foliages as you will see from the following pictures are a very big part of the celebrations in my own family and in my minds eye every image I conjure from memory seems to be framed by some lovely petals or branches, a hint of candle light or a glorious bloom.
So I thought I should share some of this flower magic with you, some of these photos are from my family Christmas and others are of snaps Jason took on Christmas Eve when he delivered to some of our most special customers and we thank you for letting us show them. Some of the very best of these pictures were taken by the extremely talented Emily Oldroyd of her own Christmas Day.





Wine decanted by Glenn




Traditional Door Wreath



The Big Guy





Table set by Sonia

Great photo Emily!


Christmas Dinner at Emily's house


Red Iris Heliconia and anthuriums in a hallway design.


Fresh Fragrant Rose petal, Diamnte dew drops and tea lights in frosted votives.



A stair Garland of fresh spruces, crystals and fairy lights.


Table centre at my Mum's house made by Lesley


My Mum & I


A Flower Design Christmas Place setting of Fresh Christmas Rose, Red Ilex berry and Pinus Strobus.


Christmas coffee table design of Creamy Vendella Roses and Cymbidium Orchid "Christmas Time" made by Emma



My Mum Calving the Turkey Crown and the most delicious Goose.


The very best Christmas Dinner at My Mum's house, cooked perfectly by my mum.



My Mum & Glenn


Bundles of Mistletoe


Martini Glasses were made by me




Chandelier of Euphorbia made by me


Fire Place swag made by Rosemary




Close up of a Mulled Wine inspired welcome ring, Orange slices, Cinnamon Sticks and Cranberries.






Stair case swagged garland by me.


Gift wrapping by Emily


Stair case Garland made by Shirl the Girl



Sugar Plum Fairy Door Wreath made by Shirl


Cerise Cubes made by Emily





Carrot and Tangerine soup made by my mum





Candle arrangemnet by me


Candelabras by Shirl


Candelabras by Rosemary & Shirl


Chairs & Table dressed by Creative Cover Hire








Twin Candelabras by Shirl



Rebecca & Olivia made & Created by me



Tall Vase design created by Rachel



Sideboard design made by Jo



Christmas Pudding Made and created by my Mum.

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Flowers Wedding Valentines All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.